Around 1852 Rev. Joseph Blackburn came to Dayton to organize the Methodist Church. The church started in the home of Mr. Joseph Link. Later this new congregation held their meetings in a little school house on the Seventh Street hill.
In the year 1855, A man by the name of Mr. Carr, gave the Methodists the ground the current church sits on to only be used for church purposes. There were about half dozen families at that time.
That congregation, feeling the need for a church building, began to build. The first church was a square, one room building. It was completed in 1855.
After many years of use, this building gradually became unsafe and was torn down. Construction began on a new church, (the current building), in 1914. It was dedicated for worship, April 18, 1915.
It’s first name was Tower Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church. It was named after P.F. Tower, who was the Pastor in 1855, when the original church was built. Some time later, it was changed to Tower Methodist Church.
In 1997, the Valley Fellowship Church of God purchased the old Tower Methodist Church, changing the name to The Healing Place church of God. In 2000, Rev. Marvin Knobloch was voted in as Pastor. In 2003, the church name was changed to New Beginnings Community Church. Marvin Knobloch resigned as Pastor in Jan., 2010. The current Pastor, Rev. Roger Lloyd, was voted in as Pastor in Sept., 2010.
The building is beautiful with beautiful stain glass windows surrounding the sanctuary. The warmth and beauty of all those that have worshiped here still remains.